Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals’ Festival of Lights 5K
San Marco Square
Saturday, December 2, 2023
1 Mile starts at 5:00 PM | 5K starts at 5:30 PM
About This Race
The 27th Annual Festival of Lights 5K is a unique fundraising event that benefits the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals of Jacksonville. The streets of beautiful San Marco will be lit up as thousands of runners, walkers and strollers take off during this nighttime, winter race. The evening includes a 1-mile fun run and a 5K race for families and individuals of all ages and abilities. Proceeds from this event benefit the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals program which supports UF Health Jacksonville and Wolfson Children’s Hospital. Register today to help change kids’ health so we can change the future.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals of Jacksonville is dedicated to saving and improving the lives of children in North Florida and South Georgia by increasing funds and awareness for UF Health Jacksonville and Wolfson Children’s Hospital. These hospitals are available 24 hours a day to help kids of every age and background overcome every injury and illness imaginable. They are also on the front lines of preventing disease and injury though research, education and outreach programs that keep kids out of the hospital each year. By supporting this race you are helping provide much-needed funding for the purchase of critical resources, such as life-saving medical equipment, educational resources and Child Life supplies. Consider running today and help make miracles possible for local children.
Jacksonville's Largest Holiday Festival
We hope you will join us for Jacksonville’s largest holiday celebration! The Festival of Lights 5K will be held the same evening as San Marco’s Holiday Magic
Covid-19 Safety Guideline
We will follow CDC guidelines that are in place at the time of the event. Updated guidelines will be included in your race instructions.
Festival of Lights 5K and One Mile Fun Run
- 1 Mile Fun Run
- 5K Run/Walk/Stroll
- Finisher Medals
- Race shirt to all participants
- Jingle bells for your shoes
- Holiday Music
- Chip timing for 5K run/walk
- Course will be lit with festive lights
- Water station at the half way point
- All miles will be marked
- Digital clocks will be located at each mile
- Finisher Medals
- Awards to top finishers overall and age-group
The 5K and One Mile will both start on Atlantic Blvd in front of the Southside Baptist Church. Please line up based on the pace you plan to run for the entire race. Place flags will be placed along the side of the starting line. This is a very large race so please try to start in the proper area to help avoid congestion. Walkers should start in the back.
The One Mile and the 5K will both finish at the same finish line on San Marco Blvd. in front of 1st Place Sports. Medals will be distributed as you exit the finish area.
|5K||1 Mile Fun Run|
|Through October 31st||$30||$15|
|November 1st to November 30th||$35||$15|
|December 1st to 3rd||$40||$20|
Sorry, We are unable to process refunds or deferrals.
Packet Pickup Schedule
Packets will be available at your selected (during registration) 1st Place Sports location on Thursday, December 1st from 10 AM until 6 PM and on Friday December 2nd from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM. All unclaimed packets will be moved to San Marco Square on race day and will be available for pickup starting at 3:30 PM in Balis Park in the center of the Square.
Custom medals will be awarded to all finishers!
Overall and Age-Group Awards
Awards will be presented to the top three men and women overall, the first masters male and female, and three deep in the following male and female age groups: 10 and under, 11-13, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75- 79, and 80+. The awards ceremony will be held in San Marco Square at 7:15 PM. Awards not picked up at the ceremony can be picked up at 1st Place Sports the week after the race.
- Due to limited parking around San Marco Square, offsite parking and transportation will be provided from the Baptist Medical Center P5 parking garage located at 1104 Nira Street. Parking is limited to the first floor of the garage ONLY. Thanks to David Israel, this year’s transportation sponsor, shuttle service will be provided from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Pick up will be on Nira Street in front of the garage with drop off at the round-about at San Marco Square. Return pick up will be at the same round-about. The parking garage is 7/10 of a mile north of San Marco Square on San Marco Blvd. You can use the route below if you would like to walk to or from the parking garage. Please note, Baptist Health, UF Health Jacksonville and CMN Hospitals are not responsible for stolen or damaged property. Please park at your own risk.
Sponsoring the Event
For information regarding sponsorship opportunities for this event, please visit http://www.cmnjax.com/sponsorship-opportunities-1. Interested in sponsoring the 2022 Festival of Lights 5K? Contact Nikki Sabol at Nikki.Sabol@jax.ufl.edu or 904-244-9337.
San Marco Merchant's Holiday Magic
After you finish the race, stick around for Holiday Magic until 8:30 PM. A free evening of entertainment filled with holiday spirit provided by the San Marco Merchants Association.
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides
- Miniature train rides
- Bounce and slide games
- Mini Touring Cars
- Stilt walker
- Holiday Characters
- Snow machines
- Free hot chocolate
- Holiday music throughout the evening
- Pictures with Santa at the Gazebo