About this Race
Please join us for the 3rd Annual Daily’s Fit-4-Life Kids Duathlon. This exciting event hosted by Riverside Presbyterian Day School (RPDS) will be held on Saturday, April 14, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Teaching children to live a healthy lifestyle so that they are Fit-4-Life has long been a part of the curriculum at RPDS. Established in 2011 by the Physical Education faculty, the RPDS Fit-4-Life program encourages health and fitness for students and their families.
Through the addition of the Daily’s Fit-4-Life Duathlon, we hope more children in Jacksonville and the surrounding area will be exposed to the lifelong benefits of being Fit-4-Life through healthy eating habits, daily exercise, hard work and determination.
This one-day event will feature a run, bike, run (duathlon) for children ages 5 – 15. The Duathlon will begin at RPDS. The route takes participants along the beautiful and scenic streets of historic Riverside.
NEW this year is the Daily’s Fit-4-Life Tot Trot around the RPDS track for children five and under. Registration for the Tot Trot is $20 and includes a t-shirt, goody bag and participation medal.
The Daily’s Fit-4-Life Kids Duathlon and Tot Trot will conclude on the RPDS campus with a celebratory festival, complete with child-friendly activities (inflatables, face painters) and much more!
Important Notes and Information
- Race registration is limited to 500 participants and we expect to reach capacity quickly. Register as soon as possible to ensure a place.
- The registration fee for the duathlon is $40 per participant and will include a race-day shirt, goody bag, participation medal upon completion, a bib and bicycle number and matching parent/ child wristbands.
- Bicycle drop off begins the morning of the event at 6:30 a.m.
- The registration form should reflect the age of the participant on race day.
- No training wheels will be allowed.
- The registration fee for the Tot Trot is $20 per participant and will include a race-day shirt, goody bag, participation medal upon completion and matching parent/ child wristbands.
- Unfortunately, none of us can control the weather or any act of nature; as a result, we are unable to offer refunds for registration fees in the unlikely event the Duathlon is canceled. We appreciate your support and understanding and hope this policy will not be needed.
- After Friday, April 13 race registration will be closed.
|Through April 13th||$40||$20|
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds!
Online registration closes the day prior to the beginning of packet pickup. After online registration closes, you can still register in any 1st Place Sports store through Friday, April 13th.
On paper or in person:
You can register at any of our 1st Place Sports stores on our instore computers.
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds!
- For all participants who register online prior to noon on Wednesday, April 11th, race packet pickup will be on Friday, April 13th at 1st Place Sports located at 2018 San Marco Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32207, from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Online registration will remain open until Friday, April 13th at 10 a.m. However, all packets will be moved to race site for raceday pickup beginning an hour before the race.
- Participants may still register onsite at 1st Place Sports (2018 San Marco Boulevard) through Friday, April 13th. Those participants will be able to receive their race packet at the time of registration.
- After Friday, April 13th, race registration will be closed.
The race will be timed using Chip Timig System. All participants will pick up an assigned timing chip, which will be on an ankle band, on race morning at the starting line.
RACE DIVISIONS AND DISTANCES:
Juniors (Ages 5-9): Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
Run .75 + Bike 3 miles + Run .25
Seniors (Ages 10-15): Start Time 8:00 a.m.
RUN 1.5 miles + BIKE 6 miles + RUN .75 miles
Post Race Celebration
The race will conclude on the RPDS campus with a celebratory festival, complete with child-friendly activities, free health screenings and much more!