About this Race
The Tour de Pain features 3 races in 24 hours. You can run all three or just one or two of the races. To qualify for the finishers medal and awards you must run all three events.
The Tour de Pain consists of the following:
4 Mile Beach Run – Friday, August 13th – 6:30 PM – Jacksonville Beach Seawalk Pavilion
5K Road Race – Saturday, August 14th – 7:00 AM – 1st Place Sports, 3931 Baymeadows Road
Road mile – Saturday, August 14th – Jacksonville Landing Park – Downtown
- 4:30 PM – Men’s Open Mile
- 4:45 PM – Men’s Masters Mile
- 5:00 PM – Women’s Open Mile
- 5:15 PM – Women’s Masters Mile
- Finisher Medals – if you run all three events
- Post-Race Celebration after the final event
- Moisture Wicking Tank Tops to all Participants
- Prize Money for top finishers in Tour de Pain Series
- Age-Group awards for series
- Beer Garden after last event
4 Mile Beach Run
- Starts at Jacksonville Beach Seawalk Pavilion
- 6:30 PM – wave start
- Race starts to the south
- Course is out and back
- water stations each mile
- no post-race activities – some refreshments
5K Road Mile
- Starts at 1st Place Sports – 3931 Baymeadows Road
- 7:00 AM – Wave start
- Course Map
- Water stations at mile one and two
- Post race food and drink
- Store will be open after the race
- Starts at Riverfront Plaza (old Jax Landing site) – Downtown
- Mile is run in four heats starting at 4:30 PM. See schedule above
- Two loops of a half-mile course
- Post- Race Celebration and Awards Ceremony
Social Distancing Guidelines
We will follow CDC guidelines that are in place at the time of the event. Please be aware that the pandemic is not over even though the conditions have greatly improved. We would strongly recommend wearing a mask if you feel uncomfortable being in large groups of people where you can not maintain social distancing.
During registration please select your start position based on the pace you plan to average.
- Expected pace is under 8 minutes per mile
- Expected pace between 8 and 9 minutes per mile
- Expected pace between 9 and 10 minutes per mile
- Expected pace between 10 and 11 minutes per mile
- Expected pace between 11 and 14 minutes per mile
- Expected pace over 14 minutes per mile
|4 Mile Beach Run||5K||Road Mile||3 Race Series|
|Through July 31st||$30||$30||$30||$75|
|August 1st until August 12th||$35||$35||$35||$80|
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds or deferrals!
RACE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU.
Packets will be available for pick up at your selected 1st Place Sports location on Thursday, August 12th from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Friday, August 13th from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Packets will also be available starting at 5:30 PM at the Jax Beach Seawalk Pavilion. Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place.
- Baymeadows Store: 3931 Baymeadows Road, Jax, FL 32217
- San Marco Store: 2018 San Marco Blvd., Jax, FL 32207
- Tapestry Park Store: 9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jax, FL 32246
- Jax Beach Store: 424 S. 3rd Street, Jax Beach, FL 32250
- 210 Store: 2220 SR 210 West, St Johns, FL 32259
Male & Female
- 1st Place Overall – $300
- 2nd Place Overall – $200
- 3rd Place Overall – $100
- 1st Place Masters – $100
Age-group awards will be given to the top three finishers in each age division based on total time for all three events: 10 & under, 11-13, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, & 80 and over.
Age-group awards will be available at the awards tent after the race, but there will not be an awards ceremony
Finisher Medals will be given to all those who finish all three races. Medals will be distributed at the finish of the mile run.
Post Race Celebration
Water, Fruit and popsicles will be available after you finish except for the beach run. We will just have water and fruit at the beach.
We will have free beer after the last event. Beer must remain inside the fenced area.
Jacksonville Grand Prix Race
This is an official Jacksonville Grand Prix event. Series details coming soon! Runners who finish in the top ten of their age group will receive points to be counted in the overall series. Over $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the series. For more information about the Grand Prix, click here.