Race ResultsThis race has ended. Check back soon for race results. 2021
Superheroes are taking over River Road
This is THE year to honor ALL of our superheroes! Who’s YOUR superhero…a doctor, a nurse, a teacher, a local police officer, a military veteran, a cancer survivor? We all have at least one favorite hero, so grab your cape and come run with us! We’ll run on River Road, with a gorgeous view of the St. Johns River, on a certified 5K and 8K course.
The 5K/8K Superhero Run is the perfect race for serious runners looking to improve times (a great training run for the Donna or the Gate) and for runners looking for a FUN event with live music, plenty of hero costumes, and a lively runner’s village. Superhero shirts will be given to all participants, and custom designed finisher medals will be presented to all 5K/8K finishers at the finish line. Age group and overall awards will be presented to 8K finishers.
A virtual run option is also available for those who are interested.
Social Distancing Guidelines
Due to COVID-19, race entries will be limited and social distancing guidelines will be in place.
The following Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place during the event:
- Day of race packet pickup will be limited. Please adhere to the six foot spacing guideline and wear a mask when picking up your packet. We encourage you to pick up your packet prior to race day.
- Please wear a mask when you can not adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline. Masks are required at the start and finish.
- The race will be started in waves of 100 people. You must choose your starting wave during registration. Potential award winners should try to run in the early starting waves.
- Once you have finished the race please respect the 6 foot social distancing spacing and wear a face covering.
- The race will not have an awards ceremony or post-race celebration. Awards may be picked up at the awards tent on race day or at 1st Place Sports, Baymeadows, the day after the race.
- Bring your own water if you want to be extra safe. We will have water sealed bottles at the start, on the course, and at the finish. If you take a water bottle on the course, be sure to hold on to it until you finish the race, or drop off in trash cans at designated drop locations.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available at the sanitation tent near the start/finish.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, do not come to packet pickup or to the race.
- To maximize social distance we recommend that you not arrive at the race more than 30 minutes prior to your start time.
Waves will start in groups of 100. Start groups will be socially separated, 5 participants wide. 5 runners are started every three seconds. Each wave will be started in two minute intervals.
|8K & 5K||1 Mile|
|Through February 5th||$25||$12|
|February 6th - February 12th||$30||$12|
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds or transfers!
Online registration closes the day prior to the beginning of packet pickup or when the race has filled to its limit. After online registration closes, you can still register in any 1st Place Sports store or on Race day.
You can register at any of our 1st Place Sports stores on our instore computers.
Masks are required at packet pick up. Please try to pick up your packet before race day to eliminate long lines.
Packets will be available for pick up at Grace Episcopal Day School on Thursday, February 11th and Friday, February 12th from 8 AM – 6 PM and at the 1st Place Sports Baymeadows location on Friday, February 12th from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. All remaining packets will be moved to the race site for raceday pick up beginning an hour before the race.
|Baymeadows Store:||3931 Baymeadows Road, Jax, FL 32217|
|Grace Episcopal Day School||156 Kingsley Avenue, Orange Park, FL 32073|
8k and 5k finishers will receive a finisher medal. For the 8K, awards may be picked up at the awards tent near the finish line. We will not have an awards ceremony. Awards categories: Top three men and women overall, first master’s male and female overall, and the top three in each of the following male and female age groups: 10 & under, 11-13, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+. There are no awards for the 5K.
Be a superhero and become an event sponsor.
Parking is available in surrounding shopping centers and the Moosehaven Retirement Community.
1 Mile Fun Run
Medals will be given to all children 13 and under in the one mile fun run.
View the course here.
The 8K and 5K course will begin at 156 Kingsley Avenue, at the corner of Kingsley Avenue and Reed Street. Runners will run to River Road, along the St. Johns River, and turn around at a designated point depending on the length of your run. Runners will run along the same path on the opposite side of the road for a return to the finish line, located on Reed Street.
We will also offer a virtual option for any one who cannot make it to the race. Once you have registered, just run or walk the 1 mile, 5K, or 8K (whenever and wherever is convenient for you) and email your time firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pick up your shirt and medal at packet pick up. Bonus points if you wear a cape!
Bikes and dogs are not allowed on the course under any circumstance. Biking next to a runner could lead to the runner being disqualified.