About this Race
Due to the current Covid crisis race entries will be limited and social distancing guidelines will be in place.
Race is limited to the first 500 to sign up!
The RunJax 5K Run will be using the following Social Distancing Guidelines.
- No day of race registration.
- Day of race packet pickup will be limited. Please adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline and wear a mask when picking up your packet. We encourage you to pick up your packet prior to race day.
- Please wear a mask when you can not adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline. We encourage everyone to wear a mask until you have started the run/walk.
- Race will be started in waves of 50 people every ten minutes starting at 6:30 AM. You must choose your starting wave during registration. Potential award winners should try to run in the early starting waves.
- Once you have finished the race please respect the 6 foot social distancing spacing and wear a face covering.
- The race will not have an awards ceremony or post-race celebration. Awards may be picked up at awards tent on race day or a 1st Place Sports, Baymeadows the day after the race.
- Bring you own water if you need it on the course. We will have water in bottles at the start and finish, but will not have a water station on the course. If you take a water bottle with you, be sure to hold on to it until you finish the race.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available at the Sanitation tent near the start/finish.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, do not come to packet pickup or to the race.
- To maximize social distance we recommend that you not arrive at the race more than 30 minutes prior to your start time.
Funds go to support high school cross country and track programs in Duval county and the summer camp scholarship program.
Jacksonville Grand Prix Race
This event is a race on the Jacksonville Grand Prix schedule. Runners who finish in the top ten of their age group will receive points to be counted in the overall series. Over $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the series. For more information about the Grand Prix, click here.
- Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place
- Finisher Medals
- No Post-Race Celebration
- Technical Shirts to all Participants
- Age Group awards
- Prize money $150, $100 and $50 to the top three men and women overall.
|Through August 29th||$30|
|August 30th - September 6th||$35|
RACE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU.
Online registration closes the day prior to the beginning of packet pickup. After online registration closes, you can still register in any 1st Place Sports store. We will not have day of race registration.
You can register at any of our 1st Place Sports stores on our in-store computers.
Packets will be available on Friday, September 4th (10 AM until 6 PM and Saturday, September 5th (10 AM until 5 PM) at your selected 1st Place Sports location.
|Baymeadows Store:||3931 Baymeadows Road, Jax, FL 32217|
|San Marco Store:||2018 San Marco Blvd., Jax, FL 32207|
|Tapestry Park Store:||9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jax, FL 32246|
|Jax Beach Store:||424 S. 3rd Street, Jax Beach, FL 32250|
Awards may be picked up at the awards tent on race day and at our Baymeadows location on Tuesday, September 8th.
All participants will recieve custom finisher medals.
Age Group Awards
Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in age groups from 10 and under, 11-13, 14- 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 & 80 and over!