- Finisher medals to all finishers!
- Technical shirts to all participants!
- Wave Starts!
Due to the current Covid crisis race entries will be limited and social distancing guidelines will be in place. We also have a virtual option if you do not want to attend. Race participation is limited and will be run in waves!
There will waves of up to 100 people starting every two minutes starting at 8:00 AM.
Social Distancing Guidelines
Due to the current Covid crisis race entries will be limited and social distancing guidelines will be in place. We also have a virtual option if you do not want to attend.
Race participation is limited and will be run in waves!
The following Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place during the event.
- No day of race registration.
- Day of race packet pickup will be limited. Please adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline and wear a mask when picking up your packet.
- Please wear a mask when you can not adhere to the six foot spacing guideline. Everyone must wear a mask at the start and finish.
- Race will be started in waves of 100 people. You must choose your starting wave during registration. Potential award winners should try to run in the early starting waves.
- Once you have finished the race please respect the six foot social distancing spacing and wear a face covering.
- The race will not have an awards ceremony or post-race celebration. Awards may be picked up at awards tent on race day or a 1st Place Sports, Baymeadows the day after the race.
- Bring you own water if you need it on the course. We will have water in bottles at the start and finish, but will not have a water station on the course. If you take a water bottle with you, be sure to hold on to it until you finish the race or drop off in trash cans at designated drop location.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available at the Sanitation tent near the start/finish.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, do not come to packet pickup or to the race.
- To maximize social distance we recommend that you not arrive at the race more than 30 minutes prior to your start time.
Proceeds benefit high school track and cross country programs.
All communications including event promotions, bib number assignment, results problems, and runner instructions are done by email from 1st Place Sports. If you sign up for an event and do not receive an email from 1st Place Sports and want to receive them, please make sure that 1st Place Sports emails are not going to your junk mail.
|5K and 10K|
|Through February 28th||$30|
|March 1st - March 13th||$35|
No day of race registration.
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds!
Waves will start in groups of 100. Start groups will be socially separated by 6 feet in all directions. Start waves will be 5 participants wide and 20 rows deep. 5 runners are started every 3 to 4 seconds. See photo below. Each wave will be started in two minute intervals. You will register for one of the waves during registration.
Online registration closes early. After online registration closes, you can still register in any 1st Place Sports store or on Race day. By signing up late, you are not guaranteed a shirt at packet pickup or on race day.
You can register at any of our 1st Place Sports stores on our in-store computers with no processing fee.
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds!
Packets will be available for pick up at your selected 1st Place Sports location on Friday, March 12th from 10 AM until 6 PM and on Saturday, March 13th from 10 AM until 5 PM. If you selected day of pickup, your packets will be available at 1st Place Sports Baymeadows.
|Baymeadows Store:||3931 Baymeadows Road, Jax, FL 32217|
|San Marco Store:||2018 San Marco Blvd., Jax, FL 32207|
|Tapestry Park Store:||9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jax, FL 32246|
|Jax Beach Store:||424 S. 3rd Street, Jax Beach, FL 32250|
|210 Store:||2220 CR 210, St Johns FL 32258|
If you can’t make it to the event, we do have a virtual option.
Once you have registered, just run or walk the 5K or 10K distance and send us your time (you can run/walk the distance any time and any where). If you have a GPS watch or a cell phone, take a picture of the distance and time and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise just email us your time. Once we have your results, you can pick up your shirt and medal at 1st Place Sports, 3931 Baymeadows Road at a later date.
Finisher medals will be given to all participants.
An awards ceremony will not be held, but awards may be picked up at the awards tent near the finish. Announcer will let you know when awards can be picked up.
Awards 10K: Top three overall male and female and to the top three finishes 10 and under, 11-13, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+.
Awards 5K – Overall male and female and top three finishers in each of the above age groups.
Prize Money – 10K only
Checks will be mailed to winners
- 1st Place Male and Female $200.00
- 2nd Place Male and Female $100.00
- 3rd Place Male and Female $50.00
- 1st Place Masters Male and Female $50.00
The 10K and 5K waves will start and run together at 8:00 AM near the entrance of the cemetery. Both races will finish in a common finish area. This is a beautiful course through Evergreen Cemetery. The course runs through stately oak and magnolia trees and is about 90 percent shaded. All miles and turns will be mark ed with digital clocks at most miles.
Participants will receive technical race shirts for this event.
The race will be timed using a timing chip on your race number. Do not fold or cover it up. Please wear your race number on the front of your shirt or shorts.
Bikes and dogs are not allowed on the course under any circumstance. Biking next to a runner could lead to the runner being disqualified.
Jacksonville Grand Prix Race
This event is a race in the 2020-2021 Jacksonville Grand Prix schedule. Runners who finish in the top ten of their age group will receive points to be counted in the overall series. Over $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the series. For more information about the Grand Prix, click here.