Race ResultsThis race has ended. Check back soon for race results. 2020
Social Distancing Guidelines
Due to the current Covid crisis race entries will be limited and social distancing guidelines will be in place. We also have a virtual option if you do not want to attend.
Race participation is limited and will be run in waves!
There will waves of up to 100 people starting every two minutes starting beginning at 4 PM. See wave information below.
The following Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place during the event.
- No day of race registration.
- Day of race packet pickup will be limited. Please adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline and wear a mask when picking up your packet. We encourage you to pick up your packet prior to race day.
- Please wear a mask when you can not adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline. We encourage everyone to wear a mask until you have started the run/walk.
- Race will be started in waves of 100 people. You must choose your starting wave during registration. Potential award winners should try to run in the early starting waves.
- Once you have finished the race please respect the 6 foot social distancing spacing and wear a face covering.
- Masks will be required and social distancing is encouraged during any post-race activities. Awards may be picked up at awards tent on race day or a 1st Place Sports, Baymeadows the day after the race.
- Bring you own water while you are running if you want to be extra safe. We will have water in bottles at the start, half-way point and at the finish. All water will be in sealed bottles. If you take a water bottle with you, be sure to hold on to it until you finish the race or drop off in trash cans at designated drop location.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available at the Sanitation tent near the start/finish.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, do not come to packet pickup or to the race.
- To maximize social distance we recommend that you not arrive at the race more than 30 minutes prior to your start time.
The Salute to Veterans Run (S2VR) Run/Walk has become a Jacksonville time honored tradition and longest running Veterans Day 5K in Jacksonville with this being the 9th year. The legacy of the S2VR has positioned itself as the premier event for the City of Jacksonville’s “Week of Valor.”
The 5K takes the runners around the Sports Complex area and through parts of downtown Jacksonville; This race Salutes all Veterans with a unique start, by displaying the flags of all branches of the military services and singing a verse to each of branch service song. Additionally, there will be prize drawings for all runners after the race and separate placing and team prizes awarded to Veterans and Active Military personnel making this truly a “Salute to Veterans” event!
New for 2020!
All registered participants will get free entry to the Jacksonville Naval Museum and their US Navy Cold War Experience: the historic World War II built destroyer, USS ORLECK! For more information regarding the museum, please visit: https://www.jaxnavalmuseum.org/ Participants will have up to one year to use their bib for entry into the museum.
The Jacksonville Historic Naval Ship Association (JHNSA) and Salute to Veterans Run are proud to announce their new title sponsor as VyStar Credit Union. The Salute to Veterans Run team couldn’t be happier with having a great community supporter and ambassador like VyStar to partner with! We can not thank them enough!
The race primarily benefits two great causes that are near and dear to the City of Jacksonville community and their active military and veteran’s groups: Jacksonville Historic Naval Ship Association (JHNSA) and K9s for Warriors. For the past 11 years, the JHNSA has worked toward the goal of bringing a retired Naval Warship to Jacksonville to become the first US Navy Warship Museum in Florida! K9s for Warriors is dedicated to providing service canines to our Warriors suffering from post-traumatic stress and other similar injuries. Their goal is to empower Warriors to return to civilian life with dignity and independence.
|5K||5K Military, 5K Military Team Members, 5K Seniors 65+, 5K Children 13 and Under, 1 Mile Fun Run, Patriotic Paws Parade|
|Through August 15th||$25||$20|
|August 16th - September 30th||$35||$20|
|October 1st - October 31st||$40||$20|
|November 1st - November 13th||$45||$20|
|Day of Race||$50||$20|
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds or entry transfers!
If you can’t make it to the event, we do have a virtual option.
Once you have registered, just run or walk the 5K distance and send us your time (you can run/walk the distance any time and any where). If you have a GPS watch or a cell phone, take a picture of the distance and time and send to email@example.com. Otherwise just email us your time.
Waves will start in groups of 100. Start groups will be socially separated, five participants wide. Five runners are started every five seconds. Each wave will be started in two minute intervals. You will choose one of the waves during registration
RACE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU.
Online registration closes early. After online registration closes, you can still register in any 1st Place Sports store or on Race day.
You can register at any of our 1st Place Sports stores on our instore computers with no processing fee.
Patriotic Paws Parade
This is the 5th Annual 1-mile event — Bring your dressed-up pups! Some of the cutest Patriotic Paws participants will be recognized and have pictures posted on social media!
All dogs will receive a Patriotic Paw Parade Bandana for their dog! There will be prizes to the top three most patriotic pups!
Packets will be available for pick up at your selected 1st Place Sports location on Thursday, November 12th from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Friday, November 13th from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. All packets will be moved to the race site for raceday pick up beginning an hour before the race.
|Baymeadows Store:||3931 Baymeadows Road, Jax, FL 32217|
|San Marco Store:||2018 San Marco Blvd., Jax, FL 32207|
|Tapestry Park Store:||9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jax, FL 32246|
|Jax Beach Store:||424 S. 3rd Street, Jax Beach, FL 32250|
Top placing male & female overall and male & female military veteran will receive $250 prize. Plaques will be awarded to top 3 overall male & female and top 3 male & female military veteran. Additional plaques will be awarded to male & female age groups.
Additionally, plaques to the top 3 “Most Patriotic Pups” with doggy goodie bags.
Shirts & Medals
Each participant will receive a Salute to Veterans Run shirt! This year’s medal & shirt theme is for the US Army! Go Army!
Post Race Celebration
If you attend post-race activities, you must wear a mask at all times. Please try to maintain your social distance.
Volunteers and Sponsor Opportunities
For general race information and questions, race sponsorship, and support opportunities, email the Race Director Justin Weakland at firstname.lastname@example.org