Oktoberfest Beer and Brats 5K
San Marco Square
Saturday, October 14, 2023
About this Race
Join us for an Oktoberfest evening in San Marco Square for a festive 5K and one mile run/walk though scenic San Marco followed by free beer and brats. Be sure to wear your favorite Tracht (Tra-oct) outfit. Women dress up in a traditional dirndl (Deern-dul) (dress) and men sport your lederhosen (Lay-der-hozen) shorts. All entrants will receive a race shirt, and an official custom designed beer mug and a medal when you finish. Each participant is entitled to free beer and a bratwurst. Local breweries will be present to serve up the brew and Oom-Pah-pah music will be featured.
5K starts at 5 PM
One mile starts at 6 PM
About the Beer
San Marco’s Tepeyolot Cerveceria Brewery located at 2130 Kings Ave (near corner of Atlantic Blvd) will be brewing a special Marctoberfest beer for the event. We will have a couple of locations in the Square as distribution points. Once you have finished the race and picked up your finish medal and custom designed beer mug head over to a distribution area for your free beer and brats.
- 5K and One mile Run/walk
- Free Beer and Brats after you finish
- Designer t-shirt
- Custom designed beer mug – at finish
- Custom finisher medal – at finish
- Scenic course through San Marco
- Prize money to top finishers in 5K
- Overall and age-group awards
- Festive atmosphere – Oktoberfest games
- Chip timing – live results
Packets will be available for pickup at your selected 1st Place Sports location on Thursday, October 13th from 10 AM until 6 PM and on Friday, October 14th from 10 AM until 5 PM. All unclaimed packets will be available on race day at San Marco Square starting at 3:30 PM.
- 3931 Baymeadows Road (904) 731-3676 – just off San Jose Blvd
- 2018 San Marco Blvd. (904) 399-8880 – San Marco Square
- 9823 Tapestry Park Circle (904) 620-9991 – Tinseltown off Southside Blvd.
- 424 South 3rd Street, Jacksonville Beach (904) 270-2221
- 2220 State Road 210, St Johns (904) 484-7641
The Post Race - Dress Up for the Occasion
Be sure wear your favorite Tracht (Tra-oct) outfit. Women dress up in a traditional dirndl (Deern-dul) (dress) and men sport your lederhosen (Lay-der-hozen) shorts.
The Run/Walk will Start and Finish in San Marco Square.
The route will follow the scenic tree lined streets in San Marco.
|Event||5K||5K||One Mile||One Mile|
|Regular||13 & Under||Regular||13 &Under|
|65 & Over||65 & Over|
|Entry Fee until August 31st||$30||$20||$15||$15|
|September 1 - September 30||$35||$25||$15||$15|
|October 1 -October 14th||$40||$30||$20||$15|
|Day Of Event||$50||$50||$25||$15|
This is a Jacksonville Grand Prix event. The Jacksonville Grand Prix is a series of Jacksonville’s best running events. Check here for more JGP information.