About this Race
Join us for an Oktoberfest evening in San Marco Square for a festive 5K and one mile run/walk though scenic San Marco followed by free beer and brats. This event will feature interactive games for participants to enjoy before and after the race. Games will include axe throwing, basketball shoot, football pass and kick and more traditional Oktoberfest games. Be sure to wear your favorite Tracht (Tra-oct) outfit. Women dress up in a traditional dirndl (Deern-dul) (dress) and men sport your lederhosen (Lay-der-hozen) shorts. All entrants will receive a race shirt, and an official custom designed beer mug and a medal when you finish. Each participant is entitled to free beer and a bratwurst. Local breweries will be present to serve up the brew and Oom-Pah-pah music will be featured.
5K starts at 5 PM
One mile starts at 6 PM
About the Beer
San Marco’s Tepeyolot Cerveceria Brewery located at 2130 Kings Ave (near corner of Atlantic Blvd) will be brewing a special Marctoberfest beer for the event. We will have a couple of locations in the Square as distribution points. Once you have finished the race and picked up your finish medal and custom designed beer mug head over to a distribution area for your free beer and brats.
Last year’s Swag
- 5K and One mile Run/walk
- Free Beer and Brats after you finish
- Designer t-shirt
- Beer will be served in custom plastic beer mugs
- Custom finisher medal – at finish
- Scenic course through San Marco
- Prize money to top finishers in 5K
- Overall and age-group awards
- Festive atmosphere – Oktoberfest games and other interactive games.
- Chip timing – live results
- 17 and under and 65 and over discounted entry fee for 5K
Packets will be available for pickup at your selected 1st Place Sports location on Thursday, October 12th from 10 AM until 6 PM and on Friday, October 13th from 10 AM until 5 PM. All unclaimed packets will be available on race day at San Marco Square starting at 3:30 PM.
- 3931 Baymeadows Road (904) 731-3676 – just off San Jose Blvd
- 2018 San Marco Blvd. (904) 399-8880 – San Marco Square
- 9823 Tapestry Park Circle (904) 620-9991 – Tinseltown off Southside Blvd.
- 424 South 3rd Street, Jacksonville Beach (904) 270-2221
- 2220 State Road 210, St Johns (904) 484-7641
The Post Race - Dress Up for the Occasion
Be sure wear your favorite Tracht (Tra-oct) outfit. Women dress up in a traditional dirndl (Deern-dul) (dress) and men sport your lederhosen (Lay-der-hozen) shorts.
The Run/Walk will Start and Finish in San Marco Square.
The route will follow the scenic tree lined streets in San Marco.
To enhance the festive atmosphere there will be interactive games for the whole family from 3:30 PM until 7:30 PM. Come early and enjoy the fun!
- Axe Throwing
- Football pass and kick
- Basketball shoot
- Bungee Challenge
|Regular||17 & Under||Regular|
|65 & Over|
|Entry Fee until July 31st||$30||$25||$15|
|August 1 - August 31st||$35||$30||$15|
|September 1 - September 30th||$40||$35||$20|
|October 1st to October 13th||$45||$40||$25|
|Day Of Event||$50||$50||$25|
This is a Jacksonville Grand Prix event. The Jacksonville Grand Prix is a series of Jacksonville’s best running events.