Race ResultsThis race has ended. Check back soon for race results. 2020
No Half Marathon for 2020
There will not be a Half Marathon this year. Look for the Half to return next year.
Social Distancing Guidelines
Due to the current Covid crisis race entries will be limited and social distancing guidelines will be in place. We also have a virtual option if you do not want to attend.
Race participation is limited and will be run in waves!
There will waves of 200 people starting every 5 minutes starting from two different starting lines beginning at 7 AM. See wave information below.
Social Distancing Guidelines
The following Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place for this event:
- No day of race registration.
- Day of race packet pickup will be limited to out-of-town participants. Please adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline and wear a mask when picking up your packet. We encourage you to pick up your packet prior to race day.
- Please wear a mask when you can not adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline. Masks are required for all participants until you have started the run/walk. Spectators must wear a mask at all times when around the start and finish areas.
- Race will be started in waves of 200 people. You must choose your starting wave during registration. Potential award winners should try to run in the early starting waves. Walkers should be in last wave.
- Once you have finished the race please respect the 6 foot social distancing spacing and wear a face covering.
- The race will not have an awards ceremony or post-race celebration. Awards may be picked up at awards tent on race day or a 1st Place Sports, Baymeadows the day after the race.
- Water stations on the course will just have sealed water bottles. We will have water in bottles at the start and finish. If you take a water bottle with you, be sure to hold on to it until you finish the race or drop off in trash cans at designated drop location.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available at the Sanitation tent near the start/finish.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, do not come to packet pickup or to the race.
- To maximize social distance we recommend that you not arrive at the race more than 30 minutes prior to your start time.
All communications including event promotions, bib number assignment, results problems, and runner instructions are done by email from 1st Place Sports. If you sign up for an event and do not receive an email from 1st Place Sports and want to receive them, please make sure that 1st Place Sports emails are not going to your junk mail.
|Through September 30th||$31.00|
|October 1st - October 31st||$36.00|
|November 1st - November 15th||$41.00|
|November 16th - November 25th||$46.00|
|No Day of Race Registration|
Entry fee includes a $1 donation to the Mandarin Food Bank.
If you would like to help feed those in need please bring a canned good when you pick up your race packet! Thanks!
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds!
There is no race day registration!
You can register at any of our 1st Place Sports stores on our in-store computers with no processing fee.
Each wave has 200 spots.
Start groups will be socially separated as follows: 10 runners wide and 20 rows deep (see photo below). There will be six feet of space between all runners in the starting area. All runners must wear a mask at the starting line per orders of the Mayor.
There will be a double wide start for this event. 10 runners will be started every five seconds. Each wave will be started in five minute intervals. You will choose your wave time during registration.
Wave 1 – 7:00 AM – This wave is for runners expected to finish under 20 minutes for males and 24 for females.
Wave 2 – 7:05 AM
Wave 3 – 7:10 AM
Wave 4 – 7:15 AM
Wave 5 – 7:20 AM
Wave 6 – 7:25 AM
Wave 7 – 7:30 AM
Wave 8 – 7:35 AM
Wave 9 – 7:40 AM
Wave 10 – 7:45 AM – This wave is for anyone who plans to walk the entire 5K.
Start with social distancing. Runners are spaced six feet apart in all directions.
Packets will be available for pick up at your selected 1st Place Sports location on Tuesday, November 24th from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Wednesday, November 25th from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Day of race pickup for out-of-town runners only!
|Baymeadows Store:||3931 Baymeadows Road, Jax, FL 32217|
|San Marco Store:||2018 San Marco Blvd., Jax, FL 32207|
|Jax Beach Store:||424 S. 3rd Street, Jax Beach, FL 32250|
|Tapestry Park Store||9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jax, FL 32246|
5K Finisher Medals
All 5K finishers will receive a finisher medal at the finish line.
5K Age Group Awards
Awards will also be given to the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-13, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+.
5K Cash Prizes
1st Place male and female: $300
2nd Place male and female:: $150
3rd Place male and female: $100
Masters male and female $100
Checks will be mailed to eligible prize money winners.
HELP THOSE IN NEED!
A portion of each entry will be given to the Mandarin Food Bank. You can help too! If you would like to help feed those in need please bring a canned good when you pick up your race packet! Thanks!
Digital clocks will be located at the each mile and the finish. All miles and turns will be clearly marked. Traffic will be controlled by the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. However, you should be aware that traffic will be on the course. Be careful for your own safety.
Grand Prix Race
This race is an event on the 2020-2021 Jacksonville Grand Prix schedule. Runners who finish in the top ten of their age group will receive points to be counted in the overall series. Over $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the series. For more information about the Grand Prix, click here.