About this Race
The philanthropic mission of Chemo Noir is to host and inspire wine-centric and lifestyle events that raise money to provide financial support to the families, friends and fighters in their battle with Cancer.
This 1 mile run & tasting event is the classiest 1 Mile fun run event for an incredible local cause! The run/walk will begin near the Jacksonville Beach Pier on a course that will be ½ mile out and ½ mile back. The ½ mile turn will be dedicated to one of the very first Chemo Noir supporters and friends, Tara Newton Richardson, and will be a cheering section and water station known as Tara’s Turn.
At the finish line we will recognize our partners, sponsors and supporters. At the conclusion of the 1 Mile Run there will be a festive tasting event in the Casa Marina courtyard.
2021 Race Day Agenda:
10:30a – RACE/EVENT check in/registration
11:30a – 1 Mile run/walk will commence on the beach
11:45 – 2:00p – TASTING: Casa Marina, exclusively for registered 1 Mile Chemo Noir participants – a FREE wine tasting, FREE local brewery sampling, live music, Chemo Noir merchandise, raffles, and a full cash bar is available. We will have kid friendly tastings and activities as well. Our tasting event is presented by Royal Palm Wine & Tapas.
All participants will receive the signature Chemo Noir race hat and swag from our partners and sponsors.
Social Distancing Guidelines
Social Distancing Guidelines
Currently we are planning to have a normal race as we did in 2019. This could change depending on the Covid pandemic situation at the time of the event. If the situation merits the following social distancing guidelines may be in place.
- Race will be run in waves.
- 6-foot spacing guidelines will be enforced.
- Masks required at packet pickup and around start and finish areas.
- Masks required at post-race celebration and awards area.
- Awards ceremony not held, but awards may be picked up at awards tent on race day or at 1st Place Sports, Baymeadows the day after the race.
- Bring you own water if you want to be as safe as possible. We will have water in bottles at the start and finish. Water in cups will be available at the half-way point on the course.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available at the Sanitation Tent near the start/finish.
- Post race celebration with food, drink and live band would not be held.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, do not come to packet pickup or to the race.
|Through June 25th||$25|
We fully expect this RACE to sell out and are limiting the number of total participants to 500 max.
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds or transfers!
Online registration closes early. After online registration closes, you can still register in any 1st Place Sports store or on Race day. By signing up late, you are not guaranteed a shirt at packet pickup or on race day.
You can register at any of our 1st Place Sports stores on our instore computers.
Packets will be available for pick up at your selected 1st Place Sports store location on Friday, June 25th from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. All packets will be moved to the race site for raceday pick up beginning an hour before the race.
Baymeadows Store: 3931 Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville, FL 32217
Jacksonville Beach: 424 S. 3rd Street, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32050
Tapestry Park: 9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32246
Awards will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place male and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place female.