Race ResultsThis race has ended. Check back soon for race results. 2020
Free Stretch Classes
Social Distancing Guidelines
Due to the current Covid crisis race entries will be limited and social distancing guidelines will be in place.
The following Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place during the event.
- No day of race registration.
- Day of race packet pickup will be limited. Please adhere to the six foot spacing guideline and wear a mask when picking up your packet. We encourage you to pick up your packet prior to race day.
- Please wear a mask when you can not adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline. Masks are required at the start and finish.
- Race will be started in waves of 100 people. You must choose your starting wave during registration. Potential award winners should try to run in the early starting waves.
- Once you have finished the race please respect the 6 foot social distancing spacing and wear a face covering.
- The race will not have an awards ceremony or post-race celebration. Awards may be picked up at awards tent on race day or a 1st Place Sports, Baymeadows the day after the race.
- Bring you own water if you want to be extra safe. We will have water is sealed bottles at the start, on the course and at the finish. If you take a water bottle on the course, be sure to hold on to it until you finish the race or drop off in trash cans at designated drop location.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available at the Sanitation tent near the start/finish.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, do not come to packet pickup or to the race.
- To maximize social distance we recommend that you not arrive for the race more than 30 minutes prior to your start time unless you are coming for the stretch classes.
|Through October 31st||$25||$30|
|November 1st - November 13th||$30||$35|
|No race day registration|
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds or transfers!
Waves will start in groups of 100. Start groups will be socially separated, five participants wide. Five runners are started every five seconds. See photo below. Each wave will be started in two minute intervals. You will choose one of the waves during registration.
Elite Wave: 7:58 AM – Runners are expected to finish under 22 minutes for 5K and 46 minutes for 10K
RACE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU.
You will receive race instructions the week of the event. These will include your assigned race bib number and your selected pickup location where you will need to pick up your race packet. The email will also contain updated information for the event including parking instructions. Be sure that our 1st Place Sports emails are not going to your junk folder to ensure that you receive this important email.
There is NO race day registration! Day of race packet pickup will be limited.
You can register at any of our 1st Place Sports stores on our in-store computers with no processing fee.
Packets will be available for pick up at your selected 1st Place Sports locations on Thursday, November 12th from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, and Friday, November 13th from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Packet pick up on race day will be for out of town participants!
Baymeadows Store: 3931 Baymeadows Road, Jax, FL 32217
San Marco Store: 2018 San Marco Blvd., Jax, FL 32207
Tapestry Park Store: 9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jax, FL 32246
Jax Beach Store: 424 S. 3rd Street, Jax Beach, FL 32250
Finisher Medals: Custom medals will be given to all finisher of the 10K and 5K.
10K: Prize money will be awarded to the top three men and women overall as follows: 1st Place $200, 2nd Place $150, 3rd Place $100, 1st Masters $50. Age group awards will be presented to the top three finishers in each of the following male and female age groups as follows: 19 and under, 20-24. 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+.
5K: Awards will be presented to the top male and female overall and to the top three finishers in each of the above age groups plus 10 and under, 11-13 and 14 to 19.
10K: The race will start and finish at the Bailey’s Gym on San Jose at Loretto Road (11740 San Jose Blvd.). The course is flat and fast, runs through a nice residential neighborhood. There is a 1.5 hour course limit.
5K: The 5K starts at the 10K starting line and runs an out and back course along Flynn Road.
Parking is available in the Mandarin South Shopping Center where Bailey’s Gym is located. Please do not park in front of Winn Dixie and Brooks Rehab across the street from Baileys. Clay Eye Institute located next to Bailey’s will also be open so do not park in their lot. You could be towed.
Jacksonville Grand Prix Race
This event is a race in the 2020-2021 Jacksonville Grand Prix schedule. Runners who finish in the top ten of their age group will receive points to be counted in the overall series. Over $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the series. For more information about the Grand Prix, click here.